Terms And Conditions
Apple & Hog Terms and Conditions
This page (together with the documents referred to on it) tells you the terms and conditions on which we supply any of the products (Products) listed on our website appleandhog.co.uk (our site) to you. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before ordering any Products from our site. You should understand that by ordering any of our Products, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
You should print a copy of these terms and conditions for future reference.
After discussing your requirements Apple & Hog will provide you with a verbal or written quotation. From the date of the quotation, this quote will remain valid for up to 1 month. However, it may become necessary to review and revise the quote should:
- your event brief alter
- should there be a large unforeseen increased in food costs or fuel charges
The service of Apple & Hog are hired under the terms and conditions set out below. Receipt of a deposit (or part/full payment) will be taken as acceptance of service. Not receiving a deposit in the time you specify may result in Apple & Hog cancelling the event.
2. SERVICE AVAILABILITY:
Our site is only intended for use by people resident in the Western Europe or the UK. We do not accept orders from individuals outside those countries. Some restrictions are placed on the extent to which we accept orders from specific countries.
3. YOUR STATUS:
By placing an order through our site, you warrant that:
- (a) You are legally capable of entering into binding contracts; [and]
- (b) You are at least 18 years old;
- (c) [You are resident in one of the Serviced Countries; and]
- (d) [You are accessing our site from that country.]
4. PAYMENT TERMS:
Some costs are incurred on your behalf prior to the event, Apple & Hog have the following payment terms:
- A 20% non-refundable deposit is required within 14 days of your invoice date, to confirm your booking
- Full payment of all remaining balance is payable 14 days before the date of your event with confirmation of menu and guest number, or if previously agreed to, on our arrival at your event.
The following conditions apply should you need to cancel your event:
- All cancellation must be made by telephone initially then confirmed in writing or by email. The event will only be truly cancelled when the client receives an event cancellation notice from Apple & Hog in the form of a written letter or an email.
- If the client cancels or be deemed to cancel the event one calender month or more than one calender month prior to the event date specified in the quotation, then the client shall be liable to pay 20% of the total costs, credit being given for any payment on account already paid.
- If the client shall cancel or be deemed to cancel the event less than one calender month but more then one week prior to the event date specified in the quotation, then the client shall be liable to pay 50% of the total costs, credit being given for any payment on account already paid.
- If the client shall cancel or be deemed to cancel the event less than one week prior to the event date specified in the quotation, then the client shall remain liable to pay 100% of the total costs
- Where circumstances beyond Apple & Hog's contact prevent us from fulfilling any obligations, Apple & Hog will, by notice in writing to the client terminate the contract and return to the client any balance of the payment on account remaining after settlement of all or any costs, expenses or liabilities howsoever incurred in respect of the proposed provisions of the service.
Apple & Hog confirms that they have and will maintain sufficient Public Liability Insurance for events of the nature of the booking.
- Apple & Hog follows strict HACCP guidelines for all food production, handling, storage and distribution and dealing with out clients and their guests. Our policy based on these guidelines, restricts the service of foodstuffs to a maximum of four hours after being removed from refrigeration. Apple & Hog advise that all food must be consumed after two hours of initial serving, any foods consumed after two hours or more hours of it being first served is at the client's discretion, and therefore becomes their responsibility. Apple & Hog will advise the client on refrigeration of food for later consumption and assumes this will be carried out.
- Where Apple & Hog have the use of client/venue kitchen facilities, they will be checked over and if deemed to be unusable on the event date then Apple & Hog will accept no liability for cancellation of the event.
Apple & Hog operates a free delivery policy up to a limit of one hour. Unless otherwise agreed, charges are dependent upon distance further than one hour
8. WRITTEN COMMUNICATIONS
Applicable laws require that some of the information or communications we send to you should be in writing. When using our site, you accept that communication with us will be mainly electronic. We will contact you by e-mail or provide you with information by posting notices on our website. For contractual purposes, you agree to this electronic means of communication and you acknowledge that all contracts, notices, information and other communications that we provide to you electronically comply with any legal requirement that such communications be in writing. This condition does not affect your statutory rights.
If any of these terms and Conditions or any provisions of a Contract are determined by any competent authority to be invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, such term, condition or provision will to that extent be severed from the remaining terms, conditions and provisions which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. ENTIRE AGREEMENT
These terms and conditions and any document expressly referred to in them represent the entire agreement between us in relation to the subject matter of any Contract and supersede any prior agreement, understanding or arrangement between us, whether oral or in writing.
We each acknowledge that, in entering into a Contract, neither of us has relied on any representation, undertaking or promise given by the other or be implied from anything said or written in negotiations between us prior to such Contract except as expressly stated in these terms and conditions.
Neither of us shall have any remedy in respect of any untrue statement made by the other, whether orally or in writing, prior to the date of any Contract (unless such untrue statement was made fraudulently) and the other party's only remedy shall be for breach of contract as provided in these terms and conditions.
11. OUR RIGHT TO VARY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We have the right to revise and amend these terms and conditions from time to time to reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in technology, changes in payment methods, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our system's capabilities.
You will be subject to the policies and terms and conditions in force at the time that you order products from us, unless any change to those policies or these terms and conditions is required to be made by law or governmental authority (in which case it will apply to orders previously placed by you), or if we notify you of the change to those policies or these terms and conditions before we send you the Dispatch Confirmation (in which case we have the right to assume that you have accepted the change to the terms and conditions, unless you notify us to the contrary within seven working days of receipt by you of the Products).